Monday, October 22, 2007

Zucchini Bread


Well I have been wanting something new and mom suggested Zucchini bread soooooo here i go! I know i have eaten this before .. a LONG time ago and I don't remember it being to bad.

So we ( my daughter and I ) went to making up the batter, which comes out very thick at the end. After getting the batter to go into the pan LOL and cooking for an hour it looked great. nice and brown on the outside, and nice and moist inside. I suppose that i was a little prejudged before i tried it tho because i expected it to be pretty sweet like banana bread. Its not to sweet. so the first bite was a pondering moment. it taste good, i could taste all the good spices ( they used like pumpkin pie spices ) and i used hazelnuts because its what i had on hand and it taste pretty good with it. I my first piece i was like HMMM what do i think of this. LOL I did go back for another piece and totally enjoyed it more this time.. my hold back on the first bite was i expect "SWEET" and its not out there like that. So after thinking it over i decided that i liked it enough to post it. The true test tho will be tonight when the "man" tries it! LOL

so lets get to it!


turn your oven on to 350 degrees

Zucchini bread,
what do i need:

2 cup sugar 3 eggs 1 c oil 1 tbsp vanilla 2 c coarsely grated, peeled, loosely packed zucchini ( 2 med zucchini worked for me, i
peeled then and grated then roughly choped them on the cutting board t
to make smaller pieces )
2 c flour 1 tsp salt ( OMG I FORGOT THE SALT IN MINE!!! SHIT)
1 tsp baking soda 1/4 tsp baking powder 1 TBSP cinnamon 1 tsp nutmeg 1/4 tsp cloves 1 c chopped nuts 1/2 c raisins (i didn't use)

what do i do:

Now if you have not already turn the oven on to 350
Now in lrg bowl ,beat eggs until frothy ( i don't know why! )

Now add sugar, oil and vanilla to the eggs and beat until thick
Now stir in zucchini
Now shift dry ingredients and add to zucchini mix to it

Now stir in nuts and raisins

Now grease two 9x5 loaf pans

now bake 1 hr

walla!

No comments:

 

© blogger templates 3 column | Make Money Online