Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Pork Fried Rice

ohhh yes! I love chicken fried rice from my husbands favorite pho restaurant but duplicating it sucks. I found a recipe on about.com on one of there cooking emails, Its not perfect, lol I know the restaurants must use something else in the sauce but i just don't know what! This is a really good one tho, my family loves it for dinner. I like to make it with pork.

I'm going to repeat the recipe that is on about.com for the lazy guys hehe

what you need:

rice!3 or 4 cups ( I love my rice cooker! We use jasmine rice its so yummy. so i do are normal family amount of rice.)
2 lg eggs
green onion
1 teaspoon salt
pepper
3 tablespoons oil
2 tablespoons soy sauce ( i use both soy sauce and oyster sauce but its just as fine with out the oyster sauce )

and what every meat if any you are going to cook with it. Fried rice is one of those fun things you can add just about anything into it.. modern casserole? hmmm

what do i do:

Now cook your rice if you don't have it left over
Now chop up your onions
Now scramble you eggs in a small bowl
Now heat your wok or deep pan
Now add some oil and fry your meat if using
Now remove the meat to another bowl
Now add 1 tablespoon oil to pan and cook the rice to make sure its heated
Now add you seasonings ( i end up using more soy sauce then called for but that is our taste )
Now move the rice out of the middle of the pan and put the eggs in... leave it alone for a min or so to cook
Now mix it in with the rice
Now add your onions and meat !

YUM!

No comments:

 

© blogger templates 3 column | Make Money Online