Monday, October 8, 2007

Baked Chicken

So, what did you have for dinner? WEll I made some great baked chicken. I made this a couple of weeks ago and my husband just raved about it so it was a keeper.The key? Lemons. Yup, Lemons shoved up a chickens behind LOL.

I was pretty worried about ( and still kinda am) cooking with whole chickens, I cheat and get the bags of boneless chicken breast. Great for everything but I found these for a killer price so decided it was time to work with them.

I believe i found this off of food network at one point and filed it away with all the other .. hmm that looks good, but never tired recipes.. i have a lot ! Well here we go

like all mine they are fairly versatile.

what you need:

1 whole chicken
1 lg lemon or 2 sm lemons
salt, pepper and what ever chicken seasoning you nomaly use. I use "Durkee grill creations Chicken Seasoning... ya well I know we are not grilling but it works for me!

what to do?

Now Turn on your oven to 350 degrees.. this is what my chicken bag told me to do..... The other stuff I'm not sharing.
Now Clean out the neck and ( gag ) inerds of your bird and rinse it out with cold water.
Now cut your lemon(s) in half and stuff it inside the bird.
Now salt and pepper the inside of the chicken.
Now put some tin foil on the pan (or get out the bag if your useing that instead )
Now place the chicken in the pan with its little legs facing down. You want the back bone up to you and the breast to the pan.
Now being very giving sprinkle the outside of the chicken with your seasoning and salt and pepper
Now cover with foil for the first 1/2 of the baking if you want to have a lighter crispy outside like i do. ( otherwise you can leave the foil off and crisp up the top.. go ahead i don't have to eat it !)
Now bake for 20 - 30 min PER POUND of your chicken, mine were 4 lb's and i cooked it for 1 hr 45 min. So i say start with 20 min per pound and if its not done go for another 15 and see.

Now???

Now you have a juicy juicy chicken! YUMM, We like to have mashed potatoes and steamed veg's with are chicken. I save the carcase to make chicken broth.. stock.. broth.. OMG what is the difference again? I make chicken juice for my soup! LOL I am very technical....

maybe chicken juice will be my next cooking blog!

No comments:

 

© blogger templates 3 column | Make Money Online